Delicious DIY Recipes for Cats & Dogs
Tempting Tuna Cat Treats
For this simple recipe, all you will need is:
• 1 (150g) tin of sustainably fished tuna in spring water
• 2 cups (approx 260g) organic wholewheat flour
• 1 large free-range, organic egg
• 2 tablespoons water
• Cornmeal for dusting (optional)
• 1 ½ teaspoons catnip (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients (except cornmeal if using) in a mixing bowl and stir well until a dough forms
3. Rest the dough for 10 minutes
4. Cover countertop with cornmeal (if using) or flour and roll out dough to ¼ inch thick
5. Use either a cutter or a knife to cut into bite-size shapes
6. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the over for 15-20 minutes
7. Let cool & enjoy! Be sure to keep them in an airtight container.
Cheesy Rosemary Bites
This tasty treat was adapted from a recipe my mum used to make for human treats! So you know your doggo is getting the best baked goods around. This basic recipe also lends itself well to additions so if there's an ingredient your pup adores try adding it to these treats.
• 225g oat or rice flour
• 50g grated cheddar
• 120ml almond milk (unsweetened)
• 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or dried
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If needed, add a little water at a time until a dough forms
3. Dust your surface with flour and roll out dough until it’s about 1\4 inch thick
4. Cut out your biscuits with either a cutter or a knife
5. Place on a baking paper lined tray and bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes
6. Cool completely before serving and be sure to store in an air-tight container.
Written by Leona Chapman