Who doesn't love a treat?! We love to spoil our dogs, but sometimes store-bought treats aren't all that good for them. That's why we often enjoy making our own dog treats. We've adapted this great recipe from Flora and Vino which is super simple and super tasty! Make sure that all the ingredients you're using are high quality and natural - your pup shouldn't be eating processed sugars, sweeteners, oils or preservatives. Let's get baking!
1 large very ripe banana
6-7 tablespoons of 100% natural peanut butter (no sugar, sweeteners, salt etc.)
1-2 teaspoons of ground flax seed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Blend the oats in a blender until fine
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and add the peanut butter together
- Add the oats (and flaxseed if using) and continue mashing with a fork until you have a dough
- Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or sharp knife
- Bake for around 15 minutes of until turning brown around the edges
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
If you're looking for a tasty, healthy, plant-based treat but don't have the time to bake, we recommend Denzel's Plant-Based Bites.