Cooling Treats for Cats & Dogs
If there's one thing we love about Summer, is cooling down with a refreshing lolly. But that's not just us, our doggies love it too. As they release body heat through their panting, ice cream will come as a breathe of fresh air- literally. We looked wide and far and eventually found the perfect- mistake proof recipe for a delicious ice cream treat both human and hound can enjoy. We've also included a super simple recipe from Battersea for iced treats for our feline friends. We'd love to know what your furry ones think of it!
1 ripe banana
1 cup of peanut butter
2 cups of natural yogurt
2 tbsps of honey
1. Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
2. Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it’s easy to stir.
3. Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
4. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
You can even add some toppings! Why not try:
· A spoonful of applesauce
· Some dribbles of honey
· Bits of crispy bacon
· A sprinkle of rice crispies
· Dashes of toasted sesame seeds
Image via Battersea
- Liquid from 1 tin of tuna in spring water
- 400ml Water
- Small paper cup for a mould
- Meaty treat stick (Stick-shaped cat treat)
- Measure out your water into a jug, then drain in the liquid from a tin of tuna in spring water. Give it a quick stir.
- Pour the mixture into small paper cups (or whatever you are using as a mould) and place in the freezer until they are partially set. This should take about 1 hour and the mixture should be enough for around 5-6 lollies.
- Once they have started to freeze, take them out and add a meaty stick-shaped cat treat to make the stick of the lolly. Place back in the freezer until they are completely frozen.
- Once frozen, remove the paper cup before giving one to your cat. It’s best to give these to your cat outdoors (in the shade, if it’s a very hot day), or in a bowl, so the lolly doesn’t melt all over your floor!