DIY Vegetarian Dog Treats | World Vegetarian Day
We love feeding our pups new and exciting treats! When we saw this delicious recipe from Okonomi Kitchen we knew we had to give it a try. Not only are these dog treats super easy to make, they are also vegetarian, making them perfect for celebrating World Vegetarian Day on 1 October!
We love making our own dog treats as it means we know exactly what's going into them so you can customise them to your pup's own tastes. Making your own treats can also be a great way to save some money as you can make a large batch and freeze some for a later date. These super simple treats only take 4 ingredients and a food processor to make and they are Hiro + Wolf approved!
- 185g pumpkin puree (from a tin or make your own)
- 60g natural peanut butter (no salt, sugar or sweetners)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 170g oat flour (or blend oats finely)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C
- Add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter and flax into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add in the oat flour and process until you get a dough.
- Flour a cutting board and roll out the dough (around 1/4 inch thick). Use cookie cutters or a sharp knife to cut out your treats and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack and them store in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for 2 months.