Dog Poetry Competition
National Poetry Day was founded in 1994 as a UK-wide celebration of poetry taking place every October. The Day enjoys the support of the BBC, Arts Council England and leading literary and cultural organisations, alongside booksellers, publishers, libraries and schools.
We're excited to celebrate National Poetry Day at Hiro + Wolf with our friends Serpent's Tail publishing. We're running a poetry competition with the exciting chance to Win 3 copies of 'Dog Poems' - by the world's greatest poets:
'Renowned poets spanning a great range of eras and styles, all writing in praise of the dog. Including poems from Lord Byron, Pablo Neruda, Rudyard Kipling, Emily Dickinson, Mary Oliver, Thomas Hardy...' to name but a few
All you have to do is write a poem in celebration of your dog - it could be an ode, a Haiku, a limerick - whatever lyrical lusciousness your furry friend inspires - we want to hear from you! So get noodling! You've got four whole days to craft a canine composition to inspire Hiro + Wolf - they're both really into their pawtry!
All entries must be submitted by 10pm Sunday 6th October 2019 and the 3 winners will be announced by the end of the day on Monday the 7th October 2019.
Read our full Terms and Conditions below.
Good Luck Pup! x
Terms & Conditions:
The Promoter is Hiro + Wolf, which has its registered office at 146 Columbia Road, London, E2 7RG.
2. The competition period will open for entries on National Poetry Day Day 2019, Thursday 3 October 2019, and ends at midnight on Sunday 5th October 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
3. To enter, schools or individuals should send their entries with a completed poem via e-mail: The email entries must be clearly marked with name, address and age, and name and contact information of teacher/guardian if under 16, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: National Poetry Day H+W Competition.
4. The Competition is open to everyone from 8 years upwards. The Competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
6. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
7. Each qualifying entry will be entered into a competition to win one of the 3 available copies of Dog Poems for each of the 3 individual winners.
8. There will be three winners.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The Winner will be notified via email no later than 10pm 6th October 2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, Hiro+Wolf reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. Hiro+Wolf will not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with paragraph 10 above, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
12. The Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative will be offered.
13. Plagiarism is not accepted in the Competition. The final copy submitted for the Competition must be the entrant's own work, and cannot be excessively corrected or improved by another person. This does not rule out input or assistance from others but does exclude group entries.
14. Hiro + Wolf’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.