Who doesn’t love a biscuit? It’s fair to say that at Hiro + Wolf HQ many a biscuit has been nibbled upon (by both hound and human!) whilst we’re busy packing orders or sitting down for our afternoon cuppa. So we were very excited to learn about a holiday we hadn’t heard of before - drum roll please - National Biscuit Day! Occurring annually on the 29th May, we think this is one of the greatest days of the year, so pop the kettle on, grab your dunking biscuit of choice and let us share a delicious biscuit recipe that your pup is sure to love...
We've adapted this great recipe from Flora and Vino which is super simple and super tasty as well as being totally plant-based! Plus, they're totally good for humans too. Just make sure that all the ingredients you're using are high quality and natural - your pup shouldn't be eating processed sugars, sweeteners, oils or preservatives. Let's get baking!
1 large very ripe banana
6-7 tablespoons of 100% natural peanut butter (no sugar, sweeteners, salt etc.)
1-2 teaspoons of ground flax seed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Blend the oats in a blender until fine
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and add the peanut butter together
- Add the oats (and flaxseed if using) and continue mashing with a fork until you have a dough
- Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or sharp knife
- Bake for around 15 minutes of until turning brown around the edges
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Looking for more DIY treat inspo? Check out this recipe for pumpkin treats!